Friday, July 8, 2011

Strange dealing at the Reliance Fresh store at New Friends Colony, New Delhi.


From: Mohammed Shareef <drmyshareef@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 10:02 PM
Subject: Strange dealing at the Reliance Fresh store at New Friends Colony, New Delhi.
To: admin@reliancefresh.info
Cc: rpkathuria@rediffmail.com


Dear Customer care officer,

I am a regular visitor to Reliance Fresh store almost for a year. Today I want to bring forth an incident which I think is strange for a company of reputation like this.

After going through the advertisement in the Hindustan Times of 04.06.11, I went to Reliance Fresh store at New Friends Colony to have some purchases. After collecting all the items worth about Rs.700.00, I asked the counter clerk for the offer on the Kwality walls selection (800ml Tub), but was disappointed when the counter clerk told me that there is no stock. Being out of stock is a possibility any where for any item. So I requested him to give me a slip so that I can collect the same on the discounted price the next day. But I was refused fir this. I contacted the manager of your reliance fresh for the day Mr Anup, and he also said that it was not possible. I wonder why, when other stores give us a slip when the item on offer is not available at that moment to collect it later. I was told that I should have read " Conditions apply". Disappointingly I cancelled my programme of buying goods worth more than Rs 500.00, and got only the items which were essential for me worth Rs273.22 only.

My question to your organisation is:
1)  Is the clause "Conditions apply" is meant to make excuses and deceive your customers ?
2)  Was there anything wrong in my request for giving me a slip to collect the item the next day as I have experienced in other super stores like yours ?
3)  If your organisation is so strict on such issues, is not it necessary to put a sticker in the store about the nonavailability of the item the same way as it is advertised in a big way to attract customers ? This way one can save his time instead of wasting it in collecting the items in such stores.
4)  Last but not the least, your company could have gained from my purchases of more than Rs 500.00( even though it may be a meager amount for you) for taking advantage of the offer. This way it was a mutual advantage for both the customer and the company. However, this incidence has compelled me to think that a company of this magnitude also possibly thinks about its own earnings and not on the customer interest at all.

Thsnks.

Dr M Y Shareef, MBBS,MS
Consultant Surgeon and 
Chief Medical Officer
Dr M A Ansari Health Centre
Jamia Millia Islamia
Mob: 9810265186.

No comments: